SAT is a government-approved test regulated by the College Board for those aspirants looking for admission to undergrad schools abroad. SAT is the Scholastic Assessment Test, which was previously known as the Scholastic Aptitude Test. SATs have been created to assess the written, verbal and mathematical abilities of the candidates. SAT is a pen-paper test for individuals who are keen on joining places in the US and Canada.
Earlier on, it was compulsory to take the SAT subject test, but presently, SAT subjects have been removed by the College Board from June 2021. In order to fare well in SAT exam, it is important that UG applicants should have an idea of when they ought to begin their preparation for the SAT. In addition, it is also important to know how and where to register for SAT, to avoid confusion at later stages of preparation and registration.
Types of SAT
- SAT 1/Scholastic Assessment Test. This test is expected to be taken by students looking for admission to undergrad schools. SAT 1 is a general test that is crafted to assess the written, verbal and numerical abilities of applicants.
- SAT 2 is more of a subject-centred assessment. Those hoping to get admission to a specific course are expected to take this type of SAT Subject Exam to highlight their insight and expertise in that specific subject. SAT Subjects have been stopped by the College Board from June 2021, though. Presently, candidates simply have to take the SAT 2022.
Candidates planning to show up for the SAT have to enrol for it at a particular time. SAT is a significant assessment for aspirants seeking admission in the United States or Canada, among top study abroad nations. Aspirants can do SAT test enrollment through the offline method, that is, by means of mail or through the more accessible and user-friendly online method. Through the web-based method, you are expected to create a login id on the official SAT site and proceed with the registration process.
SAT Online Registration
– Visit the College Board’s official website.
– Create your account.
– Submit all the required details.
– Choose which exam you want to give along with your nearest test centre.
– Upload your clear photograph.
– Payment procedure
SAT Registration by Mail
-You’ll be needing ‘The Student Registration Guide for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests’ first. (available at schools)
-The guide includes a registration form and a return envelope.
-The form needs to be sent along with a (DD) demand draft.
-The local representative of SAT in India is the USIEF.
-The mailed forms will be directed to their regional offices.
SAT Slot Booking
As the vacancies are very limited in number for every allotted SAT Test Centre, candidates are directed to book their SAT exam slots in advance to avoid any inconvenience regarding centre distribution. It’s better that you find an SAT centre near your home so that you can reach there on time for the test date and avoid any hassle in between.
– Search for places that offer the SAT.
– You’ll have an option to choose a specific location when you register.
– Find a test centre
– Choose location
– Choose SAT date
Many test centres won’t be offering SAT exams on every date. If you are unable to find a test centre near you, switch between the SAT dates.